Gunstock Ranch - Legacy Horseback Ride
Purchase one (1) Hawaiian Forest Legacy Horseback Ride for half price!
(For Ages 7 years and Up)
Includes a Monarch Milo Legacy Tree that you will plant help preserve our Hawaiian Forest!
Discover historic Gunstock Ranch on a small group, guided horseback tour and leave your mark by planting your very own Legacy Tree. On this 2.5-hour experience, you will travel up our beautiful mountainside trails with stunning views of the ocean, coastline, and hills and valleys of the Koolau Mountains. On the return trip, you will descend into the Hawaiian Legacy Forest. Many of these trees are rare and, in some cases, highly endangered. Caring individuals like you may be the only way for these trees to avoid extinction.
After selecting your own Legacy Tree, you will be able to personally plant and dedicate your tree in the Legacy Forest. Your tree is tracked via radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology and you will be provided with a voucher of planting that enables you to track the location and growth of your Legacy Tree throughout its lifetime by visiting www.FindMy.LegacyTrees.org. A recording of you planting your Legacy Tree will be emailed to you and a copy will be permanently linked to your tree online (coming in 2018). This proprietary technology is only available for the Hawaiian Legacy Forest. At Gunstock Ranch, we work hard to keep our tour groups small and intimate. Enjoy the sights and potential opportunities to see wild pigs, our working cattle operation, and various avian species on our Horseback Planter’s Experience and plant a Legacy Tree to help preserve Hawaii’s ecological heritage. This is a great ride for the entire family, ages 7 and up.
Ride Times – 10:00 am, 3:30 pm
Regular price $289 – includes a Monarch Milo Legacy Tree
Ride Along price $199 – does not include Legacy Tree
Please check in 30-minute before your ride time. There will be a 15-minute safety briefing prior to the ride. Our goal is to leave on time so we provide you the full experience. Please plan ahead so you are not late.
Gunstock Ranch is located 2 miles North of the Polynesian Cultural Center, between the towns of Laie and Kahuku, Oahu. We are a 10-minute drive from Turtle Bay Resort.
We recommend that you wear long pants and covered shoes for this ride. Cowboy boots are not required. Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water. Small cameras are welcome. For chilly days, it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket. Backpacks, bags, and bulky camera equipment will not be allowed on the horse for the ride. We do have a small pack on the saddle that can fit a water bottle or small camera. Please review our cancellation policies and general rules by clicking here:
What to Wear: Long Pants, Covered Shoes, Sunscreen
Please arrive promptly 30 minutes before your ride's start time to check in.
Detailed directions will be included in your confirmation email.
• It is your responsibility to ensure you have proper directions to our location. Please use the map we have on our website to ensure you find the right location. Please allow yourself ample time to reach us. Give yourself an additional 15 min in case of traffic and construction delays. Rescheduling/Canceling with more than 24 hours will be rescheduled based on availability.
• Rescheduling/Canceling with LESS than 24 hours will not be rescheduled nor refunded.
• Reschedules with less than 24 hours may be accommodated when possible with a $25 fee.
• We are CLOSED on Sunday, so Cancellations for Monday rides must be made by Saturday at 5:00 pm.
• We ride rain or shine. However, in the event we cancel a ride due to conditions we feel are unsafe for our trails, no charges will be applied and ride will be rescheduled.
• If a party calls in to cancel their ride because they don’t want to ride in the rain, and we plan to carry out the ride, no refund will be given.
• No Shows will not be rescheduled nor given a refund.